Fr., 11. Okt.|
Croatia & Slovenia - Women only - WTF
This fall, join Wonderful World on an exhaustive tour to Croatia and Slovenia, exclusively planned for you.
Zeit & Ort
11. Okt. 2019, 19:00 – 22. Okt. 2019, 23:00
Wander Womaniya, Preet Vihar, Delhi, India
Über die Veranstaltung
Day 1 – Friday, 11th October (includes dinner)
Ljubljana – Arrival
Day 2 – Saturday, 12th October (includes breakfast)
• Post breakfast; explore Ljubljana on foot with a local guide. • We go on a private walking tour of the city. Walk through the historical city centre,
whose unique architecture is the legacy of the Baroque and Art Nouveau periods
and, most notably, the work of the famous 20th century architect Jože Plečnik. • Proceed to visit the Ljubljana Castle. Standing tall on a hill above the city for over
900 years, the castle is Ljubljana’s main attraction. Take the bright red spiral
staircase right to the top to get a bird’s eye view of the beautiful city.
• Evening free to explore the car-free city centre, its historic architecture, the many
bridges (such as the Butcher’s Bridge and Dragon Bridge), green spaces, and
riverbanks lined with cafés, pubs, and boutiques.
• Overnight at City Hotel Ljubljana or similar
Day 3 – Sunday, 13th October (includes breakfast)
Ljubljana – Bled – Ljubljana
- Following breakfast, proceed to Bled with a local guide. This is Slovenia’s most popular
attraction with an emerald-green lake, Picture-postcard Island in its middle with a
church, and a medieval castle clinging to a rocky cliff, against the backdrop of some of
the highest peaks of the Julian Alps and the Karavanke.
- Experience a ride in a pletna, the traditional wooden boat that has, for centuries, taken
visitors to the Bled island. The church on the island was rebuilt in the 17th century in its
present Gothic structure. Listen to the sounds of the wishing bell housed by the church
- Free time for lunch.
- A tip: Do not forget to sample the famous Bled cream cake!
- Continue north to get closer to nature at Vintgar Gorge. Enjoy this stunningly
picturesque gorge with turquoise water of the Radovna River.
- Late afternoon transfer to hotel.
- Evening at leisure.
- Overnight at City Hotel Ljubljana or similar
Day 4 – Monday, 14th October (includes breakfast)
Ljubljana – Postojna – Predjama – Rovinj
- Today we visit the Postojna Cave. While touring the nearly 5 kilometres of the 24-
kilometre-long karst cave system open to tourists, you will get to feel the magic of the
- Experience the sudden drop in temperature as you move further and further inside the
cave on an unforgetable ride on Postojna Cave’s underground train, the world’s first
railway in an underground cave that opened in 1872.
- The stalagmites, stalactites, and formations inside are called curtains or draperies that
Day 5 – Tuesday, 15th October (includes breakfast)
Rovinj – Pula – Motovun – Rovinj
- Today we will find ourselves transported back to 3,000 years when we visit Pula. The
history of Pula starts with the Greek myth of the Argonauts and their quest for the Golden
Fleece. Various layers of history form the making of this unique town in which Roman
temples defy baroque palaces, early Christian churches stand face to face with Austrian
villas, and antique town gates cut through the remnants of medieval walls.
- From here, we move to Motovun, (Or Groznjan) a picturesque village in the Istrian region.
Walk around this ancient city situated on top of a hill.
- Free time for lunch, following which we head back to Rovinj.
- Evening at leisure.
- Overnight at Hotel Angel O Doro or similar
Day 6 – Wednesday, 16th October (includes breakfast)
Rovinh – Plitvice National Park
- Breakfast and a free morning in Rovinj.
- Post lunch leave for Plitvice National Park.
- Arrive into Plitvice- overnight at the hotel
- Overnight at Hotel Jezero or similar
Day 7 – Thursday, 17th October (includes breakfast)
Plitvice National Park-Zadar
• We start early this morning- the park opens around 8:00 am and we visit the park first
thing in the morning.
• This national park, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the largest and
oldest national parks in Croatia. The 16 cascading clear green and blue lakes and the
92 gushing waterfalls make for a great day of excursion to the park.
• Post the visit and lunch we head to Zadar for the night.
• Zadar is famous for its Sea Organ, it is an architectural sound art object, that uses wind
and waves to create music when sea waves crash against the tubes located underneath
a set of large marble steps.
• We will visit the Sea Organ on arrival but essentially this is just an overnight halt for us
Overnight at Hotel Kolovare or similar
Day 8 -Friday, 18th October (includes breakfast)
Zadar - Split
• After breakfast we drive to Split.
• Check into the hotel and relax
• Post lunch meet our guide and walk through 1,700 years of living history.
Split lives by the silent beats of history, lively temperamental spirit of the young, and its
particular warm Mediterranean charm.
Diocletian’s Palace, the ancient Roman ruins and the living soul of Split is a sight like no
other. Pick up souvenirs from the many shops in the basement market of the palace. Game of
Thrones lovers will not be disappointed. Look for Daenerys- Throne Room in this basement.
Want more good luck? Rub the foot of the bronze statue of Gregory of Nin.
Day 9 – Saturday, 19th October (includes breakfast)
Split – Free day / Or Optional tour
- This day is at leisure for you – or you can opt for a Speed boat tour and zip through the
crashing Adriatic waves to explore some of the most beautiful Adriatic islands, such as
Biševo, Vis, Budikovac, and Hvar.
- First stop: Biševo island with the famous Blue Cave. Sunlight streams through under the
cave wall of the sea floor and bathes the entire cave in a surreal aquamarine light. Also
on the island is the Monk Seal Cave, a cave where the Mediterranean monk seals used
to reside until the middle of the last century. Today they are one of the most endangered
mammals on the planet and can no longer be found in these waters.
- Enjoy a short coffee break at Komiza, a fisherman’s village on the island of Vis, also
where Mamma Mia 2 was filmed.
- At around noon we will cruise to the southern side of the island to stop briefly at the bay
of Stiniva to enjoy a refreshing swim in the clear waters! Our next stop is the island of
Budikovac where you can enjoy the sun and the sand on a beautiful pebble beach.
- The final destination on this tour is the beautiful island-town of Hvar. It has been
consistently listed in the top 10 islands by Condé Nast Traveler magazine. Walk through
the town and be easily charmed. After enjoying time in Hvar, we return to Split by our
- Evening at leisure. Enjoy the nightlife of Split.
- Overnight at Hotel Jupiter Luxury or similar
Day 10- Sunday, 20th October (includes breakfast)
Split – Dubrovnik
• Post breakfast leave for Dubrovnik. Reach Dubrovnik – check in to our BnB’s and
relax a bit • Around 4:00 pm – a 3 hour walking tour of Dubrovnik
• Get ready to be charmed by the Old Town of Dubrovnik. We walk through the
limestone-paved streets with a knowledgeable guide to familiarize ourselves with
the history of Dubrovnik. For the GoT fans, remain alert as we walk through many
filming locations. We hope you remember the episodes well enough to identify
these! • Walk the Walls of Dubrovnik to see the red-tiled roofs from above.
• If tossing a coin into the Mandusevac fountain in Zagreb and rubbing the toe of
Gregory of Nin in Split were not enough, rub the nose of the bronze statue of the
writer Marin Držić in Dubrovnik. Lady Luck will surely favour you after so many
attempts on a single trip!
Overnight at a BnB.
(These BnBs are incredibly charming. We will try our best to get twin-sharing rooms, but in
some cases only double beds may be available. All of Dubrovnik is up and down the stairs.
So be ready to burn some calories!)
Day 11 – Monday, 21st October (Includes dinner)
- Day / Afternoon and evening free to explore on own.
- There are some optional tours that you could select from as well.
- Breakfast is not included as we are staying at a BnB – and they do not actually serve
breakfast and some of these tours leave early morning.
- However if you are wandering about Dubrovnik as we are – there are many café’s
where we can have a relaxed breakfast
- Overnight at a BnB
Rs 1,70,000 / head on twin share (without GST at 5%) till the 30th of June
Rs. 1,75,000 / head on twin share (without GST at 5%) after the 30th if June
Single supplement -Rs 30,000
If there is a variation of more than 5% from the exchange rate taken â€“ the cost will be revised
at the time of final payment.
• We need minimum 9 confirmations to do this tour.
• Schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions, emergencies, border
crossings, or other unforeseen interruptions.
• Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis
• All land transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
• Tours as mentioned in the itinerary
• Overnight City Tax
• All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
• Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle tours with audio guide
• Services of an English-speaking guide throughout the tour
• Services of a trip lead from Wonderful World throughout the trip
• GST at 5%
• International / domestic flights
• Travel insurance
• Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic
• Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
• Any other item not mentioned in Inclusions above
• Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like illâ€health, land blocks, bad
• Please pay INR 20,000 as booking deposit to reserve your spot
• Balance payment due 15th July 2019.
• Upto 120 days before departure - full refund
• Between 120 days and 90 days- booking deposit is non-refundable
• Between 90 days and 60 days- 50% cancellation charges
• Between 60 days and 30 days â€“ 90% cancellation charges
• No refund thereafter for any cancellation or no-show